Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Westie in his favorite spot...


My dog Maestro loves laying in the sun. Throughout the day, he finds the warmest spot to sleep, and follows it as the sun moves. Sometimes, when the angle of the light through the window is such that only a square inch is left, we find him sleeping there... with his nose catching the last rays.
This photo was relatively straightforward. I did the B&W conversion in LAB mode, then added a couple of Curves and Levels layers. I also had to dodge the bottom of his right paw, as it was completely black.

f/16, ISO 200, focal length 45 mm, exp. time 1/125 sec.

2 comments:

MissKelly said...

A smashing photo. I have 2 Westies and can relate to them also being sun-doggies !!

Anonymous said...

Hi , love your westie. I have 5 myself at the moment. 4 wounderful puppy and their beautiful mother Freia

best regads Anna