Thursday, April 10, 2008

First Stock Sale!



I have just sold my first stock photo! The sale was done by stock agency Dreamstime.

A few months ago, as I started learning more and more about photography, I decided it would be a fun challenge to submit photos to various microstock agencies. The process is more rigorous than I had thought, as every picture is examined by professional photographers and needs to meet their standards before it can be added to the site's catalog. Needless to say that many of my submissions were rejected. However, the reviewers often add helpful critiques to the rejection emails, so this has been a good learning experience.

You can see my Dreamstime portfolio here.

I did not do much editing in this case (that is the preference in stock photography): only a Curves layer in LAB mode to increase the intensity of the colors.

Exp. time 1/350 sec., focal length 26 mm, f/16, ISO 200.

No comments: