Friday, May 2, 2008

The Barn


This is a photo of a barn that I see regularly. I like its straight lines, proportions, and the fact that it sits isolated in the middle of a field. All of these characteristics help it reflect the seasons and changing weather patterns without distraction. I will probably post many different views of this barn. My family thinks it humorous that it is one of this Parisian's favorite buildings!

I had a look in mind for this photo as I started editing it that I did not know how to obtain. I have seen it a lot and reminds me a little of what Ansel Adams did. I experimented quite a bit and ended up with 9 layers in Photoshop. They include the usual Levels, Curves, Desaturation, but also a couple of duplicate layers with different blending modes (Overlay, Darken), and a red photo filter. I even had to isolate the sky from the field and building to process them separately.

Well... I think I got close. What do you think?

ISO 200
f/16
26 mm
1/250 sec.

No comments: