Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I found it!


This is my entry to photofriday.com for this week. When I saw that the challenge is "Found objects", I immediately thought of this photo of my little girl Liliana, triumphantly brandishing her favorite French flashcard!

The processing was really minimal: only a Curves layer and a moderate application of the Neat Image noise reduction filter plug-in for Photoshop. I debated leaving the noise intact, but in the end decided against it. I am not sure it was the right decision. As I am starting to find out, photography and music have this in common: there are many different creative solutions possible. The artist always needs to choose, and this subjective decision means discarding valid and possibly superior artistic alternatives.

Shot at f/5.6, focal length 26mm, ISO equiv. 800, no flash.
I appreciate your comments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So precious!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

CUTE! Very adorable! (Mary, IMAGIK)